Feelyou is a mood tracking app. It connects people and lets them express their feelings. Any registered user can post a mood, which is a message that is public by default and can include other content like photos, videos, and links to other websites. It is important to note that what you post on the Site may be viewed by anyone, anywhere instantly.
You acknowledge that when you post content on the Site, you are requesting us to make that content public. This public information includes not only the moods you post and your avatar, but also the metadata provided with the moods, such as when and where you posted the mood (should you chose to enable location services), as well as the people you follow on the Site, the moods you mark as favorites or respond to and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Site.
We make all of this public information public until you choose to delete it from the Site.
2.Information we collect and how we use it
This policy covers any Personal Information collected or received by us as a result of your use of the Site, in relation to any posts you make and your use of any of our services or products.
Although we will not make your Personal Information publicly available except in accordance with this policy, you can limit the amount of Personal Information you provide by registering an account on the Site using an email address which is not linked to your other social media accounts. You may wish to create an email account with an email provider that does not require Personal Information in order to register, such as Gmail.
The following information is required to be provided by users in order to use this service or through the use of this service.
- Information about your profile, such as your name, date of birth, gender, and occupation
- Contact information such as email address, telephone number, and address
- Information related to payment methods such as credit card information, bank account information, and electronic money information
- Image information including the user's portrait
- Information entered or transmitted by users through input forms, post screens, and other methods specified by us.
We use the data and information you provide us to deliver a better experience for you. This information may be used to personalize app features and content. To create a personalized product that meets your unique needs, we use the information that we collect or learn from you (e.g. demographic information, emotions, factors) as well as information from other users.
These data are anonymized prior to data analysis.
WE DO NOT SELL OR GIVE AWAY YOUR PERSONAL DATA. WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR INTERNAL MARKETING PURPOSES ONLY TO DELIVER A BETTER EXPERIENCE FOR YOU.
3.Our Policy Towards Under Children
Our services and use of the Site are not available to persons under 16 without the prior consent of their legal guardian.
If you are a legal guardian and you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to remove that Personal Information and to terminate the child’s account.
4.Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
5.Collection and use of Personal Information
Feelyou may collect your Personal Information when:
- you register as a user of the Site or any of our services; and
- you visit a page of the Site;
We may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- your email address and username if you choose to provide it to us; and
- information about your device such as your IP address and operating system.
We collect this Personal Information to provide our services to you. We may also use Personal Information for related purposes such as:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide services you require and provide requested information;
- to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour;
- maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
- internal accounting and administration;
- protecting you and ourselves from fraud; and
- any other use for which we obtain your permission.
We will not use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or for any other purpose without your approval.
We may also obtain unsolicited Personal Information from you. This may happen when:
- you post a mood containing Personal Information on our Site; or
- you interact with other users of the Site, including following those users and liking their moods, responding to moods posted on the Site and other like interactions, in a manner which discloses your Personal Information.
This is not Personal Information that we solicit from you, but in posting it on the Site is may become visible to other users and will be stored on our servers. We will not make any secondary use of unsolicited Personal Information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
- 6.1 Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies
- 6.2 Cookies
- 6.3 Pixels
"Pixels"/"Web Beacons" (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
- 6.4 Widgets
- 6.5 Analytics
We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/ privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- 6.6 Operationally Necessary
- 6.7 Performance Related
- 6.8 Functionality Related
- 6.9 Advertising or Targeting Related
We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
7.Sharing Your Information
Feelyou recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your Personal Information. Other than disclosure as directed by you or to service providers (described below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to various Government departments or courts), our policy is that we do not give your Personal Information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so.
By using the Site, you consent to us sharing or disclosing your Personal Information in the ways set out in this policy.
We may share your Personal Information with certain third parties, such as the providers of the electronic systems we use to collect and store your Personal Information and other service providers we use to help us to run aspects of our business efficiently, including offshore servers. Occasionally Feelyou might also use your Personal Information for other purposes or share your information with another organisation because:
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of other users of the Site;
- we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements – for example, we may share information with other credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud protection units;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Feelyou – for example, disclosure to a court in the event of legal action to which Feelyou is a party; or
- the assets and operations of the business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
8.Your rights and controlling your personal information
EU Data Subject Rights - If you are a data subject located in the European Union you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our app or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party. It is not a right that allows you to request personal information about other people, or a right to request specific documents from us that do not relate to your personal information.
Rectification and Erasure: You may, at any time, request that we correct personal information that we hold about you which you believe is incorrect or inaccurate. You may also ask us to erase personal information if you do not believe that we need to continue retaining it (you may have heard of this right described as the “right to be forgotten”).
We will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. Please note that we may ask you to verify any new data that you provide to us and may take our own steps to check that the new data you have supplied us with is right. Further, we are not always obliged to erase personal information when asked to do so; if for any reason we believe that we have a good legal reason to continue processing personal information that you ask us to erase we will tell you what that reason is at the time we respond to your request.
You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
Restrict Processing: Where we process your personal information on the basis of a legitimate interest (see the sections of this Policy which explain how and why we use your information) you are entitled to ask us to stop processing it in that way if you feel that our continuing to do so impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms or if you feel that those legitimate interests are not valid.
We may process your data on the basis of a legitimate interest in the following ways:
- Optimized App content
- Track products and services that are popular
You may also ask us to stop processing your personal information (a) if you dispute the accuracy of that personal information and want us verify that data's accuracy; (b) where it has been established that our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where we no longer need to process your personal information (and would otherwise dispose of it) but you wish for us to continue storing it in order to enable you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Please note that if for any reason we believe that we have a good legal reason to continue processing personal information that you ask us to stop processing, we will tell you what that reason is, either at the time we first respond to your request or after we have had the opportunity to consider and investigate it.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to us using the contact details set out firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us that you are making a request to have us stop processing the relevant aspect of your personal information and describing which of the above conditions you believe is relevant to that request. You do not have to fill in a specific form to make this kind of request.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure. We store this information on secure cloud-based servers using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.[c][d]
Feelyou is not responsible for any third-party access to your Personal Information as a result of:
- interception while it is in transit over the internet;
- spyware or viruses on the device (such as a computer or phone) from which you access the Site or post a mood;
- your failure to adequately protect your membership username or password;
or any losses, expenses, damages, including legal fees, resulting from such access.
We enable you to create an account, and share messages with others within your network and others who use the Site. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your information. Also we cannot guarantee that the content you post on our site will not be viewed by others outside your network or those who are not registered users of the Site.
10.Providing information on other sites
11. Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon request from the user to disclose its personal information under the Act, we shall, without delay, disclose to the user such information (or, in the event of non-existence of such personal information, notify the user to that effect) after confirming that the request is made by the user itself, to the extent required to do so under the Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that you must pay a commission for disclosure of personal information.
12.Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
- 12.1 If we are required pursuant to the provisions of the Act by the user to (1) correct the content of personal information due to the reason that such information is false, or (2) suspend use of personal information due to the reason that such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or has been collected in a fraudulent or otherwise illicit manner, then we shall, without delay after confirming that the request is made by the user itself, conduct an appropriate investigation and based upon the results thereof, correct the content or suspend the use of such personal information, and notify the party to that effect. In cases where we decide not to make such correction or suspension of the use, we shall notify the user to that effect.
- 12.2 In the event that we are required by the user to delete its personal information and has determined that it is necessary to accept such request, we shall, after confirming that the request is made by the user itself, delete such personal information and notify the party to that effect.
- 12.3 Should we not be obligated to correct, or suspend use of, information under the Act and other applicable laws and regulations, Sections 9.1 and 9.2 shall not apply.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by emailing us at the following address: email@example.com
Last Updated: January 7, 2021
Version 3: January 7, 2021
Version 2: August 18, 2020
Version 1: June 24, 2020